Splish Splash

Baby L used to hate taking baths; I'm not sure if it was because the water was too cold, too warm, or if she had a bit of hydrophobia.  Regardless, it was a massive struggle for us to use her baby tub to bathe her.  Then it became a bit of a struggle to bathe her in the tub with me, because she'd get all weird and fidgety and tense.

Well, things, they are a-changin'.  Nowadays, when Hubbs takes her to our bed and begins the strip down process and the sound of rushing waters from the tap fills the air, our little girl begins to grin and wiggle around excitedly.  She has figured out that when Daddy strips her down and Mommy fills the tub, it's time for fun.

She knows the drill and will allow me to wash her face and her hair without fussing; in fact, she will tilt her head back in anticipation of the hair rinsing.  Then, she will allow me to foam her up while she eats away at the bubbles with her hands.  It's so cute when you see all the bubbles on her face creating a sort of beard.  As I sit her up, she leans forward and with her dominant right hand, begins immediately, ravenously, to gather bubbles to shove in her mouth.  When I hold her by her armpits so that she's sort of floating on her back, she immediately begins kicking the water to try to make it splash.

It's really freakin' adorable, even though I know you really don't care about how Baby L bathes and this whole entire post is really just my own self-indulgent little rave about my beautiful baby girl.  Thanks for humoring me.  Here's a picture of our little bundle of joy, post-bath, in case that's what you came here to see:

Daddy wrapped her like this with just a plain ol' bath towel.




She's hamming it up, since she's feeling good and clean and warm under there.


Comments

Popular Posts