Merry Belated Christmas, Baby L!


Due to traveling and my daddy being sick, we sort of postponed our own little Christmas.  I mean, we celebrated with both sides of the family and had our own little gift-opening in Van, but we didn't really buy each other anything.  Not that that's a biggie - Hubbs and I aren't huge into getting gifts for one another just because it's part of the social obligation of the season; we're rebels that way.

However, we also didn't get much in the way of gifts for Baby Loquacious.  She doesn't mind, of course; she's not even a year old yet, and her favourite toys are often not what you would think they'd be (e.g. she loves the iPhone, my wallet, her new Crocs, tissue paper, and straws - random, right?).  But I kind of wanted to lavish her with presents and that was not in the cards during the hectic month of Dec.

Now that we're on holidays, however, we have all the time in the world.  And some of it is even spent shopping (my favourite sport).  So we kind of went overboard and have been buying for Baby L on a near-daily basis.  Some of her new gear:

A Fisher-Price Talking Puppy

B-Toys Funkeys

B-Toys Alphaberry

Fisher-Price Record Player (love this and had no idea they still sold them! Just like when I was a kid)

Bright Stars TV Remote


Plus a bunch of board books (7 and counting...)

I rationalize that it's cheaper in the U.S. and this is one of the only times we will be staying here long enough to cart back a suitcase full of "stuff" without paying a heavy duty on it.  Plus, I haven't seen half of these toys in Canada.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Baby L hasn't quite figured out how to work the record player yet; she likes to throw the records around and when I play one of them, she will try to take the disc off.  She has yet to open the Alphaberry (I'm saving that one for later on) but she can play with those keys for like 15 minutes straight (which is impressive for her).  The puppy is one of her favourites first thing in the morning, and the remote gets some action throughout the day as well.

Anyway, what did your little ones get for Christmas? Am I being excessive here?! Would love to find out what you did for your baby/babies this past holiday season :)


Comments

Popular Posts