Brain Rules for Baby


A friend of mine recommended Brain Rules for Baby (by John Medina) to us. In all honesty, I wish I had started reading it prior to Baby L's birth; for creating an environment to optimize your child's brain development, I highly suggest that you read this book! There is so much good content that I can't really summarize it all, but suffice to say I am learning a lot and plan to practice doing the things the book recommends, especially praising effort and guiding imaginative play and practicing intentional empathy (plus not fighting in front of Baby L, and making up with Hubbs in front of her when we do).

Go read this book. Now!



Comments

Anonymous said…
That's the only "baby book" I read cover to cover! A friend lent me her copy, and it was so good I kept trying to get my husband to read it. The day before I returned it (they were moving east), I finally read him a few parts, and he was all, "Wow. That's really good. What book is this again?" HAHA.
Mrs. Loquacious said…
Heehee! That's awesome. Hubbs is part way through the book but he was the one who bought it for us

Popular Posts