Busy, Baby, Backache


So I have been MIA for a bit, and will be for a bit longer.  Reasons (not that you necessarily care, but here they are):

1) I've thrown out my back, an inconvenience that is compounded by the fact that I nurse lying down on my side (very bad for the back), I end up sleeping in said side position (super duper bad for the back), I have to pick Baby L up from the crib and play yard (awkward bends which kill my back), and my Stage 5 clinger sometimes requires me to hold her for extended periods of time (20 pounds of wiggly weight - awful for my back).  So, yeah.  I am in agony.

2) Our calendar is full.  We have appointments for me (chiro, massage), the car, and Hubbs.  The busy days and long nights (Baby L hasn't been sleeping early since her ER stomach flu visit) make for a tired, cranky me who is up to her eyeballs in laundry and packing (yeah, we're heading back to E-town for a week).  So, blog --> backseat.

3) Did I mention that I am cranky? I. Am. So. Cranky. Baby L never gets the brunt of it, but poor Hubbs does.  And a cranky me should really stay away from blogging since the only things I am capable of saying end up being snarky and mean, and I really should try to follow the Thumper rule and not be needlessly mean.

The gym is a work in progress.  My back has made it impossible to go.  Previous to that, a sick baby made it also very difficult to go regularly.  And being out of town will only complicate it further.  I'm still motivated, mind you. It's just that my schedule and my body aren't cooperating with my brain.  I'll get there, though.

Anyway, off I go to down another Tylenol-Advil cocktail to kill the throbbing ache of my left hip/back.  Later 'gators!

This onesie is a 12m.  She fit it 2 weeks ago.  She no longer does. *sigh*



Comments

Kitten said…
Wow, that's hideous. My husband's back is out and he can't help with the care of either of our children for more than about ten minutes at a time. I can only imagine how much worse it must be for this to happen to a mother. (Also, doesn't everyone in the world side nurse? I swear that's how I sleep during naps with my daughter. She nurses and sleeps. I just sleep!)

Anyways, I wanted to say how cute your little one is in that onesie!

Popular Posts