Brush Brush


Baby L needs to start brushing her teeth. With fluoride toothpaste, no less. Wha..? FLUORIDE?!? Yes, I know. My reaction was similar.

However, as it turns out, my lovely city is so crunchy-granola-hippy-green-organic that they do not put fluoride in the water. Yes, that is correct. No fluoride in our water. Yours probably has it. All of Alberta has it. But not Vancouver.

The result? Generations of kids with bad teeth and large dental bills. Hence the need for fluoride supplementation in the form of kiddie fruit toothpaste.

Thankfully, Baby L is teething so she likes having stuff in her mouth to relieve her achy gums. And fruity kid toothpaste is approved by her palette. The only drawback is that she's not coordinated enough to actually brush her teeth (as opposed to biting on the brush and sucking it clean of the sweet fluoride paste), but has entered into a phase where she's wanting to do stuff on her own. Power struggles over the toothbrush ensue; good thing I'm bigger and stronger ;)

So now I've really entered into the "my baby's growing up" land since true babies don't brush their non-existent teeth. It's all happening a little too quickly for my liking, if you ask me. But nobody asked me :(.

Since we are supposed to brush Baby L's teeth after every bottle or meal, you can find me at the bathroom sink for the next several years.

Happy brushing, mommas!


Comments

Ok this is BIG! We have been giving Ollie filtered water his whole life. The doc said we had to stop because our water supply has won awards and he needs the fluoride. It kind of freaks me out that anything is added to our water supply. Call me crazy-er than usual, but I would rather use flouride toothpaste on ollie than give him tainted...erm... treated water!
viener said…
I really think she has the cutest outfits! Kinda tween-like but also so baby still.

Popular Posts