If You Want a Good Cry...



... please check out this blog, from a missionary named Katie Davis, chronicling her ministry to orphans and children in Uganda.  I often write about being a mommy of one, with all of its challenges and triumphs, from my comfortable home in a first-world country.  I am shamed and my complaining heart is humbled by this young woman's grasp of Jesus' love, which compels her into a Mother Teresa-esque lifetime mission that leads her to be "Mommy" to over a dozen children.  Her challenges and triumphs are so much more extreme than mine, and give glory to God.

I read the entire blog today.  And I wept.  My tears were for the heart-breaking stories of the children Katie has come to parent, and for the amazing grace that our Father has poured out into the lives of these kids and their momma.  They were tears of confession as I repented of my own selfishness and ingratitude and faithlessness, and they were tears of adoration and worship for my glorious Savior.

Be warned - you will need your Kleenex.  But do read, and be blessed by the incredibly powerful words and humility of Katie as she shares her heart with you.

Comments

Popular Posts