Resolutions

 
Forget about weight loss goals, and money-making/saving ventures, and career aspirations.  Don't bother with reading lists and travel destinations and all those other things that people resolve to do every January 1st.  Most, if not all, of these goals are man-made and man-centered, and depend on man's vain efforts.  I don't want to be about me this coming year. 

Instead, I only have one resolution: to seek to know Jesus more, and to make Him known to those around me, especially my new little arrival.  I want God to be glorified in my life, in my words, in my thoughts and deeds.  I want to be a wise steward of whatever He decides to entrust me with, and I want Him to be my #1 more consistently in the next 365.  The way that I use my time, the way that I spend my money, and the way that I conduct myself should really point to Him, and that's what I aim to do by His grace.

Jesus has already forgiven my sins, both past and present.  His work on the cross is complete; there is nothing more that I can "do" of my own accord to be "better" or more "worthy" of His love.  On the contrary, there is nothing I can do to earn it or secure it; by His grace and mercy alone has this love been extended to me.  And so, in faith I move forward into 2012, trusting in my Father who loved me enough to send Jesus to ransom me from sin. 


Comments

Popular Posts