Save the Date!


  Yes, it's the first day of October.  We have barely stepped foot into autumn, but my brain is already on Christmas.  Why?  Because things book up fast, people.  You have to be on the ball if you want to maximize the awesomeness of the festive season in the Lower Mainland.

  Every year, I do my bookings as soon as possible.  I have tickets to several events in November and December already, but the one that I'm most excited about is the Vancouver Christmas Market, which is celebrating its tenth year this year.  Seriously, this is our family tradition right here.  We started going when Little L was barely walking, and now she's nearly my height and we are still trekking downtown several nights over the Christmas season, just so that we can get our fill of carousel rides, chimney cakes, rotisserie pork shanks, and mulled wine.  It's worth the parking, and there is literally nothing that feels more Christmasy than being outdoors, surrounded by carols and lights and bustling shoppers and enjoying the vibe of an authentic German Christmas market. 

  I was able to get some insider info on what's new this year, like an improved Winterdeck, new vendors and new foodie places, $10 Tuesday admissions, 2-for-1 Deluxe Date Night admissions, and Kids Day on December 1st (which is where kiddos get in free, and they hope that you might make a donation to the Children's Wish Foundation).  I don't know if this is new or not, but they now also offer FastPASSes for entry, as well as "combo" admissions that include things like unlimited carousel (hello!) and commemorative mugs and totes.

  Tickets are on sale as of today.  Today!  So get on it, especially if you want to enjoy a date night at the WunderBar, because some slots fill up fast!  You can score tickets here

  And look for my IG and my FB and this blog to be updated sometime in mid-November, when I'm able to check out the Vancouver Christmas Market.  Honestly, it marks the kick-off of the holiday season for me, and I am so excited!!

Comments

Popular Posts