Three Year Old Conversations


Our lives are very different now that we have a preschooler with a fairly good vocabulary and a lot of imagination. As she tries to make sense of her world, sometimes her logic just takes a strange turn into WTF territory. We tried to capture a few of these sometimes funny, sometimes just strange exchanges we have with Little L.

 
Me: Is it delicious, or what?!
LL: No, it's not what.
Me: So is it delicious?
LL: No, it's tasty.

*****
After she violently throws her toy plane into the bath:
Hubbs: Whoa! What happened to your plane?
LL: It's a sea plane! 

*****
As Hubbs tries to show me some PDA:
LL: No! I want to hug Mommy so that Daddy doesn't give her a smooch!

*****
Narrating a story to herself soon after she has made a request to see the fountain at Aberdeen Mall:
And then the mini pen said to me, "Oh yes, I would love to go into the fountain!


*****
In describing the "hammer" pond, which has been the unfortunate recipient of her pine cone "deposits":
And the pond is full of hammers and fish and pine cones thrown by little girls... 

*****
In a random conversation between Hubbs and Little L during one of their drives to the Oval:


LL: Want to talk about my problem at mommy's school!
Hubbs: What problem?
LL: When we were at mommy's school, they wouldn't let anyone out of Mommy's school… So I snuck out of the school.
Hubbs: What happened then?
LL: Then I went home...I carred home.

*****
On explaining the spelling of "funnel":
The funnel is "fun" with an "L"!


*****
After I'm teasing about joining them on their daddy-daughter date, Little L points to my Starbucks cup and "reads": 
"Look! It says Mommy, do not go to the Oval!"
 
*****
"Daddy didn't say Helen Helen Helen starts with H...Daddy said Helen Helen Helen starts with C! What a funny joke!" (Laughs)

*****
On explaining the juice she is drinking (and as she considers that "grapple" juice is grape+apple):
It's called "grorange" juice because it has apple juice and orange juice together in it!
 
*****
Me: You haven't finished your grape tomato!
LL: It's NOT a grape tomato. It's a *great* tomato!

*****
Following our visit across the border, where we discovered that the McDonalds in Washington State doesn't serve gravy (because poutine is decidedly Canadian):

LL: You know...I don't think I want to go to the States again.
Me: Why? 
LL: Because they don't have gravy!


*****
Lately, her imagination has led to some wildly fictional stories being told in matter-of-fact manner, such as this gem:

LL: The other day, at Beard Papa, Daddy got mad at the cream puff people.
Me: Why?
LL: Because they gave him mint cream puffs and he didn't like them!

*****
LL: Oh no! I made a mess!
Me: Here! Let me get you a napkin!
LL: I don't need one. I already wiped it up!

Me: With what?!
LL: My hand napkin!

She can be quite a handful, but life is never dull with Little L. She is a talker, and the things that sometimes come out of her mouth are just hilarious. She keeps us on our toes, but she keeps us laughing too!



My goofy girl

Comments

Popular Posts