My Tooth-brushing "Song"

I think the song originated around this time. See how wee she was?
 
I'm by no means a musician, and even describing me as "musical" is a bit of a stretch. That said, I love to sing, and I do believe that songs are powerful tools for teaching toddlers "stuff." When Little L started to brush her teeth, I decided to co-opt the melody from Row, Row, Row Your Boat to make up my own little tooth-brushing song to encourage her to do more than just eat the non-fluoridated toothpaste off her brush. Today, as we brushed after breakfast, I caught myself singing it unintentionally! Here are my lyrics:

Brush, brush, brush your teeth
Brush them every day
Brush them left, brush them right
Brush the germs away

Brush, brush, brush your teeth
Brush them up and down
Brush them left, brush them right,
Brush them all around

Brush, brush, brush your teeth
Brush them front and back
Brush them up, brush them down
Brush off all the plaque!

It takes a good minute to sing all three verses if you do it slowly, so it definitely helps with the "brush for two minutes" thing, and if you bop along up and down while you sing it, it also definitely adds to the experience. :)



Comments

Popular Posts