When Death is Not Dying



I borrowed the title from a talk series delivered by a woman in our church who, at the time, was dying of cancer.  She has since gone to be with Jesus, and as I remember her I think about how Christ-centered her life and her journey home to Heaven were.  It was dignified, it was God-glorifying, and I am certain that Jesus welcomed her with the words, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." 

Anyway, death is a very real part of life.  We all will die; it is a certainty.  And for Baby L, those whom she loves may in fact pass while she is small, since she has a huge network of grandparents, friends and extended family.  This will undoubtedly cause her much confusion while her brain operates on a concrete level; abstract concepts like eternal life don't make a lot of sense without pictures and stories.

Which is why I am so glad that Jenae of I Can Teach My Child posted this recommended book list of books on grief and mourning.  The last book in particular is one I plan to purchase for the eventuality when someone that Baby L knows and loves, moves onward and upward.  Hopefully the "storybook" format will help her better understand what happens beyond this life. 

Just thought I'd share the resource with you, in case you might need to explain death to your babes one day.

Comments

Popular Posts