Baby Space


Since moving into our new digs, we've put aside one of the bedrooms for Baby Loquacious.  Of course, since she's currently co-sleeping (and part-time bed-sharing) with us, her room has been less bedroom and more baby-stuff-repository, which is great since Baby L's "stuff" takes up a lot of space and our living room/reading area only has so much room. 

The thing about storage rooms is that you don't need to make them look very pretty.  Nobody really spends time in there, so the demand for aesthetics simply isn't high.  I'd look at the gorgeous nursery pics from other parents, and wonder if/when I might actually get into the groove and do something about Baby L's room, but I figured I had time.  At this rate, I still have plenty of time, since I doubt my high-needs babe is going to want to be in her own room by herself for at least another year or two!

That said, I have begun to do some decorating.  My nephew comes to stay with us in a few weeks' time and I would rather there be something on the walls for him to look at, even if it isn't much.  And it so happens that, while we were in the States, I came across some great wall-adhesive-decals that work well with the wooden animals we chanced upon at Superstore two weeks ago.  Baby L also had a gorgeous custom-embroidered quilt gifted to her from her Ye-Ye, and I really wanted to honour that gift by hanging it on the wall (though in the pic you'll see, her embroidered name has been blurred out for online safety purposes).

Voila! Here is my work-in-progress:

Her name is embroidered in dark pink thread.  Imagine it there. :)

Curtains and red laundry basket from IKEA.  Ted Harrison print from my Gr. 7 "Highest Overall Average" award.

Wooden animals from Superstore. 
There are some matching plastic baskets that I am still trying to find a space for, along with foam tiles for her floor and a MegaBlocks table and blocks that I plan to set up once Baby L starts walking on her own.  And her 2x2 Expedit bookshelf, which is currently in a rather abysmal shape, will start to look pretty cute once I get some of those cloth drawer boxes for it.  I'm still looking for more pretty items for her walls (like maybe a good Bible verse for the "dropped ceiling" part of her room), but my style is generally minimalist so I'd rather paint something from a Pinterest idea than buy too many more manufactured items.

Still, I'm happy with this teensy bit of progress.  I also happen to like the pink and lime green colour scheme, which matches her birth announcements and a lot of the items that she owns.  I don't have much of a "theme" for her room, however; the idea of an eclectic mishmash of things kind of appeals to me more than a homogenous theme.  And let's face it: Baby L really doesn't care how her room is decorated at this point anyway, so really, the design of the space is just for my own benefit.  She just wants to be near her mommy and have some boob milk every few hours.  :)

What was your "inspiration" for your baby's room(s)? Any decorating tips or ideas to share?

 

Comments

I'm jealous. F T D plastered Star Wars everywhere. As usual LOVE the photo!

Popular Posts