DermaBlend vs. ProTop Cushion EE Cream


I am a big-time sucker for a good ad.  And I'm a little bit vain, especially when it comes to my aging face and the sudden appearance of sunspots or whatever those "dots" (that Little L so kindly points out at every given opportunity) are.  Which is why, when I saw this FB advert for Pro-Top Dream Skin EE Cushion Cream, I was sold despite not finding a lot of online reviews about the product.  Seriously, watch the video and tell me that it isn't totally convincing.




Anyway, I was able to secure my own little compact of this "magic foundation powder" via a friend, and of course I was super excited to try it.  I mean, I've been happily using DermaBlend Intense PowderCamo in 30N, but if there was a better product out there, I'd be into it.

Well, colour me spotted with disappointment.  I gave this a try today, and layered it on twice to see if maybe I could replicate the amazing results seen in the video.

Nope.

Here's my face after one good layering.


Ya see the spots?  So did my kid, who confirmed that my old powder (the DermaBlend) did a better job of hiding them.

I thought..maybe I just needed more EE cream? So I caked it on further.  Voila the results.


Can you still see the spots? Yeah, me too.

And as pictured at the top, I decided to test both powders out using the darkened scar on the top of my wrist.  As demonstrated there, too, the Dermablend had far superior coverage to this twice-as-expensive Pro-Top cream.

So, let my lesson be a cautionary tale for you: don't trust those FB ads, and don't bother buying cosmetics that you can't test out in person.  Once again, the grass ain't always greener.

That said, I'm always looking for a full-coverage, amazing powder foundation.  If you know of a great one, please let me know!  I'm not a loyalist when it comes to make-up, and I'm always open to switching brands as long as I'm trading up.


Comments

Popular Posts