Tuesday Tip


I'm not a big fan of synthetic things but I am a huge fan of efficiency, or maybe I'm just lazy. Whichever. Regardless, here's a life hack for ya! Disclaimer: it does involve chemical-laden materials so if you're all-natural, toxin-free, ethically-raised and locally-sourced exclusive, this isn't for your crunchy granola heart.

Today, yours truly burnt cream cheese onto her stainless steel pot today. Yes, I stepped away for all of a minute and it burned. Iron Chef I am not. 

So yeah, I remembered reading something about using a Bounce dryer sheet to help eliminate scrubbing and make cleaning the pot a lot less painful. Less scrubbing? Sold. 

I tossed a fresh dryer sheet into the pot with an inch of warm water and let it soak all day. The white sheet did a great job of covering up the nasty brown burns so I didn't mind leaving it on my stovetop, like some science experiment in the works.


Then, when I prepped dinner, I remembered to clean the pot. I mean, it was right in front of my face, so it was a great visual reminder too! And while the promise of no scrubbing was a lie, using the Bounce sheet did significantly reduce the amount of elbow grease I had to expend to salvage my cookware. I scrubbed at about 30% effort and it took all of a minute to return it to its former glory.


And now it is shiny again, although it smells distinctly of "Outdoor Fresh" so I'm gonna be dishwashing that pot before returning it to rotation. 



Easy peasy! 


Comments

Popular Posts