Hustling and Bustling and Thankful Hearts


Obviously my posting frequency has really dipped these last few weeks, to the point where I would say I'm not even worthy of "mom blogger" status at this point! It isn't intentional, of course, but as with all things, life ebbs and flows through different seasons, and some are simply busier than others.

Right now, we are in "hustle" mode, forcing the blog to take a back seat to juggling new (preschool!) schedules, my Usborne commitments, and keeping our business books up to date. Hubbs has started working onsite at his client offices, so we have also been adjusting to his daytime absence and commuting hours. Add to that a busier day with an active 3.5 year-old, and sometimes the hours just escape me.

In the midst of all this chaos and change, I am so thankful for a God who never changes. I'm grateful that He has continued to show our little family an abundance out of His grace, and while we find ourselves sometimes a bit breathless from the hectic pace of our days, we also cherish all the more the quiet times we can enjoy together as a family. We are blessed that His goodness has been made evident, and His mighty hand continues to guide us as we figure out some big and little things in our lives, from the direction of Hubbs' career to whether we should spring for another vehicle (the answer is a resounding NO at this point).

And so, as we try to adjust to a new season of life, the blog remains in the background like a cozy sweater, not quite a good fit for the current climate but ready to welcome me back into its soft, comfy embrace when the time is right. 

How is this season going for you? Is there familiarity in the rhythms of your routine, or are you embracing change like we are?




Comments

Unknown said…
love your words in the last paragraph!
Mrs. Loquacious said…
Awww...thanks Mitzi! Can't wait to playdate!!
I love how you have shared your talk with God and that yout even look to Him about buying a new car, so awesome! I am excited that I have found your blog and am looking forward to reading more. I am a blogger myself and my husband and I are considering moving to B.C. So I wanted to get a local vibe from some bloggers. Peace!

Popular Posts