Favourite Friday


I'm not usually a big promoter of anything, since I don't get compensated for my opinions and I know that reading reviews is almost always at the bottom of everyone's list, unless of course they're consulting with Professor Google to try to find something they're inkling to purchase.

In light of that, I will try to make this short and sweet. Here are a few of my favourite things:

Mmmm....mango
Method Ginger-Mango 4x Concentrated Laundry Detergent
Okay, so it doesn't smell like ginger or mango. It does however smell magnificent, plus it's less toxic than using Tide (although it does still contain sulfates, phenoxethanol and fragrance). Hubbs has been complaining about his clothes smelling "moldy" even after being laundered with our usual stuff (plus Downy, plus Bounce). I decided to give this scented goodness a go and voila! I haven't even needed the Downy, and the clothes still came out feeling soft. His sat-for-two-days-after-the-gym clothes and his well-worn, greasy jeans all came out smelling and feeling awesome, too. No more musty mold odors! This is totally my new favourite laundry detergent, by a long shot.

Available in bigger sizes too, but I like the baby size best

Norwex Microfibre Face Cloths
I am the consummate lazy person when it comes to facial cleansing. How many facial cleanser products do I get from Ipsy that sit unused in my bathroom drawer? A shameful number, that's how many. I've always been a water-only kind of girl, even though I've tried doing oil cleansers and gentle organic ones. Lately, I've been stealing Little L's Norwex baby face cloths and just washing my face with them, because they're right there in my bathroom and quick and easy to use. Miraculously, my waterproof eye make-up always comes off after just a few wipes with the wet Norwex, leaving behind a nice black blob on the little towel (it rinses off). My face is spotless afterwards, and I love that there's none of that messy dripping that happens when I try to wash with a cleanser. As for the towel, I just have to rinse and wring and let it air dry. On occasion I've boiled the towels once they've started getting a little ripe, but then they return to their former glory and microfibre plumpness, and we start again. We get a good amount of mileage from our facecloths, so the price is well worth it for us!
Thanks Zappos for the image! ;)

Native Jefferson Shoes
I bought these on a whim when I was shopping in our new neighborhood. I had heard some good things about them, and wanted shoes to replace my can't-be-seen-in-public Crocs. Who knew these shoes would be my go-to all summer long? Nicer looking than Crocs, but with similar benefits (waterproof, washable, odor resistant, shock absorbent), and really comfy after I finally broke them in (it took about a week of on/off wearing). While my feet can sometimes get a little sweaty in there, generally these shoes are great for doing neighborhood walking and running errands and pairing with my casual clothes. I love that I can wear them on the rainy days too, since I don't mind my feet getting wet. They've also come in handy when I've gone with Little L to the nearby spray park!



Varage Sale
Okay, so this is an app, and I might be introducing you to your newest addiction, but wow is this ever easy to use and oh so handy!! I have already bought and sold a few things using it, and find that it is effectively regulated and has great features like a small business directory, a forum for discussion posts, and a way to rate your seller by giving them "praise." I spend a little too much time on here, admittedly, but what a fantastic way to off-load stuff you no longer need/want, or purchase stuff for cheap! The app is quite pretty (think Pinterest meets IG, with a FB login) and I love that it is separated by regions, so I can only see the regions that I belong to.

See? Short and sweet. Have a great weekend everyone! xoxo

Comments

I love Norwex products too! I use their laundry detergent all the time and the cloths. :) Thanks for sharing!
Mrs. Loquacious said…
You're welcome, Bonnie! Norwex has been a favourite of mine for quite a few years now, and I can't seem to quit them even when I've tried! ;)
Unknown said…
haha Varage Sale is SO addicting. I love microfibres too but they need to be the good ones. I'll keep an eye out for Norwex ones now :)

I'd never considered Natives for myself...I always thought they were toddler only shoes! hahaha I'll check them out for next summer. I love sock-less shoes.

Popular Posts