From the Mouth of This Little Babe....



(We are pretending to be at the beach)

LL: I'm just going to lie down on the sand
Me: Are u getting a sun tan?
LL: No! I'm getting a monkey tan

*****
(As I'm turning off lights)
LL: I want it super off! I wanna turn it off super dark!

*****
(Mid-tantrum about her Curious George doll needing a blanket, I am reminding her to breathe deeply)
LL: I don't wanna breathe!! I want George to get a blanket!

*****
(Little L sneezes, and this is followed by): Oh! I just sneezed tears into my eyes!!



*****
(Little L is recounting the plot from a Bugs Bunny cartoon that she watched with Hubbs)
"... The bunny was going to cook the duck. And then the duck was going to cook the bunny. Then they decided that they were going to cook Elmer because he was a vegetarian."

*****
(After we hand her a juice box)
LL: Not the French side! The English side!
Me: How did you know that was the French side?
LL: Because that's not even English!

*****
(I don't remember what the context of this was, but Little L was not happy)
I want to see what's going on! No, not this going on!

*****
Me: No downward doggies in bed!
LL: No downward puppies in bed!


*****
(I am showing off my new gladiator heels)
LL: I don't want mommy to peek her tootsies out!

*****
(In reference to the Pingu characters who were playing king and queen on the TV show)
[Pingu] can't be a queen. He can only be a king.
 


*****
(Little L spots a jacket hanging off a chair in a window across the street)
Something in the window is freaking me out! I need daddy to protect me!!

*****
(We are sniffing the stickers from her Christmas scratch-and-sniff books. One book is Hubbs' old copy so it's ancient, and the other is fairly new. After smelling the old book, she sniffs the new one and declares:)
That smells way hot chocolatier than the old one! 

*****
Preschooler "logic:"
Bees eat cheese. That's why Daddy can't wear a hat! ....

*****
(Hubbs gives Little L an unsolicited hug)
Not a hug from Daddy!!  Only Mommy has the skills to hug me!

*****


*****
(Hubbs gives Little L 10 "bounces" that propel her in the air. These are crazy big lifts that take a lot of strength and energy)
LL: I want more bounces. Ten more bounces!
Hubbs: No, Daddy needs to rest for a bit before you can have more bounces. I'm exhausted!
LL: I want Daddy to be *more* exhausted!!!

*****
(I am watching as Little L devours her dessert)
Me: Is that delicious or what?
LL: It's not "or what!" It's delicious!!

 





Comments

Popular Posts