Giving Up - My Lenten Challenge


Today is the first day of Lent, and for the next several weeks we are preparing our hearts to celebrate Christ's sacrifice and victory at the cross.

In past years I've given up certain indulgences, or sought to have a more thankful focus for 40 days. This year, I'm giving up, and giving away, my crap. 

I've decided to declutter our home, one area at a time, for 40 days. Coincidentally, I had already started doing  this, on a less aggressive schedule, over the past month. I've cleaned Hubbs' office, culled Little L's wardrobe (as well as my own), and reorganized the front entry closet. 


Now I'm committed to doing the cull and sort more aggressively and ruthlessly around all of our home. My plan is to donate and give away anything of value or use, and wait for our building's spring "amnesty" day to toss out the unlovable items. I am hoping to be able to take donation bags to a drop-off on a weekly basis, but that will depend on what our household schedules look like once Hubbs is back in the office full-time. 

Honestly, I am excited to sort through our excess and try to simplify as much as possible. I hate clutter but it seems that I am genetically predisposed to hoard. The areas I most want to reorganize and bring order to are our "pantry" and storage room. No lie - each of these spaces will be like a 2-3 day task, but I truly believe the pay-off will be so, so sweet.

That in a nutshell is my Lenten plan. What's yours?



Comments

Popular Posts