That Didn't Take Long...

Clearly, I don't quite agree with the original HuffPo anti-tech perspective

... And here come the rebuttals to that HuffPo anti-tech piece. I found these perspectives really resonated with me, moreso than the one that said I was being a horrible mom for letting Little L use her iPad Mini (not that it really affected me that way; I am not one to live with regrets).

The Outmanned Mommy's response

The Genius in Children's response

And HuffPo also published a rebuttal

Thoughts?





Comments

Sharon said…
I don't think this is a rebuttal but I did come across it today. Found it through a mom forum.

http://hipmombrarian.com/2014/03/11/10-reasons-why-i-will-continue-to-give-my-children-handheld-devices/
Mrs. Loquacious said…
Thanks Sharon! I actually saw it and shared it on FB but totally forgot to include it here! Great article!! Xo
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing my post! I'd totally missed the Huff Post rebuttal. I'm glad somebody said everything (else) I was thinking.
April McCormick said…
Even I found myself ranting about it on the blog. To say things like BANNED and leads to horrible things is just too much...

To add to the link list...A doctor with the American Academy of pediatrics changed his stance to say even children under TWO! could do with a little screen time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/13/babies-should-play-with-ipads-_n_4957527.html?utm_hp_ref=parents&ir=Parents

Mrs. Loquacious said…
I'm glad you said what *I* was thinking! :)
Mrs. Loquacious said…
Great article! I agree with Christakis on TV, although now that Little L is two... ;)

Popular Posts