The Family-less Bed


So we are trying to transition Little L to her floor bed now. I am so emotionally not ready to do this, but her rolling off the bed (again!) was sort of the last straw.  Since weaning hasn't happened yet, guess who gets to sleep on the edge of the floor bed with half her fat ass on the hardwood? Little L may be small, but she is a bed hog.

We are on Night 2, and my plan (ha! We know how this will end, don't we?) is to slowly distance myself further and further away from her and the floor bed until I can leave her alone in her room while I enjoy my king bed again.  Based on my projections, I should get to sleep on my own bed again by 2016. 

Anyway, Hubbs doesn't feel right sleeping on that inviting, soft (but firm) mattress without me, so he has temporarily set up camp in our guest bedroom (which doubles as his office, which means he spends about 15 hours a day in there).  The room now smells like dirty socks and beef jerky and oranges, but he is getting quality sleep.

So the family bed sits unloved in our main bedroom, which sucks because I want to be curled up on it and find myself lookng longingly at it and sneaking quick lay-downs every chance I get.

In my desperation to return to sleeping on a real bed with a real mattress, I am even thinking about night weaning and buying a  video monitor for my now-toddler.  Little L is only 20 months old, but I suspect she only night nurses because she can, and not bcause she needs to.  Some nights she doesn't even nurse until 3/4 of the way through her slumber! But then there are those every-2-hour-nursathon nights, which makes me worry that her sleep will further be interrupted by my absence or refusal to boob-pacify.

Ugh. Why do these things need to be so hard?!? 

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go sneak in a quick visit to my favourite happy place (bed) before I hit the floor for the night. 

(Image: Little L sitting and iPad-playing on her floor bed)








Comments

Popular Posts