Overheard


Me: Look! Panda is looking for his panda friend.  He is lonely and wants his friend to sit with him.
Little L: (moving panda toys to sit together). Hi hi! I sorry, friend! We talk talk!
(Later)
Little L: The pandas sit together
***

(As we cuddle on the family bed)
Little L: I like big hugs! (And then she proceeds to big hug one of us)
***

Little L, recounting the Gospel in her 18 month way:  Devil bad. Jesus good! Owie owie cross.  Owie toe. (Insert her version of the sad duck face)
***

Me: (playing telephone) Hello? It's for you Little L! It's Ye-Ye!
Little L: Hi Ye-Ye! Hi Sweetheart! (He calls her his little sweetheart).
***

Little L: I tackle Daddy! I tackle you! (and then waits for *me* to tackle her).
***

(While I was out for coffee with a friend)
Little L: (to Miss Bee) Mommy come back soon!
***

(Standing in the bathroom after cleaning up from lunch)
Little L: I take a shower! 
***

Me: Do you like this food? Does it taste good?
Little L: Terribilicious! Yummy in my tummy.
***

Little L: Mommy black hair, [Little L] black hair, Daddy brown hair! Mommy shoes, Daddy shoes, [Little L] shoes!!
***

(After looking at an illustration of Jesus at the Lords's Supper)
Little L: I drink wine one day. Some day!
***

Little L: I love you! 



Comments

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! So smart.
Mrs. Loquacious said…
Not necessarily smart, April. Just talkative :)

Popular Posts