Get Your Mind Outta the Gutter


Little L has taken to saying, loudly, "A big, a big, a big cock!"

Yep.

In public.

And it's innocent enough.  She is trying to describe the very large, plumed blue peacock she saw at the zoo a couple of weeks ago.  She just doesn't like to say the first syllable of the word, and it comes out sounding perverse.

But how does one explain this to random stranger at the supermarket who has overheard this phrase, and is wondering if they should be calling Child Social Services?

I am thinking I should just keep this kid at home for now.  ;)


Comments

mazoola said…
Lol Max says cock all the time but he's trying to say truck.
Kitten said…
I was just going to say that I knew a little boy who loved trucks but kept pronouncing the tr as an f. He loved big trucks or fast trucks or trash trucks. And he told the world. My friend would often blush when she took him out to places where he could see trucks.

We did not have this problem but my son loved bulldozers which he pronounced like the French "bonjour". Confused some families we met who spoke French.
Ms PR said…
She's adorable!

Popular Posts