Wackne


Pronounced as /wak'nee/, and defined as the grossness happening on my forehead right now. Wacky acne indeed.

I didn't ever have bad skin, save for an occasional angry red volcano on my teenage nose once upon a time, long ago, in a far away place. But as a grown-up? No, I've always had great skin.

Note the past tense. Apparently my body still wants to punish me for having an easy pregnancy, this time by messing around with my hormones again and creating an awful red bumpy pattern on my hairline . Thanks hormones. What next, a period? (Probably, and sorry for the TMI).

They're hideous. And red. And hurt. And keep getting worse! I've gotten so desperate that I've actually turned to the oh-so-reputable online forums for advice.

The best treatment advice so far? Tea-tree oil. Yep, I'm putting oil on my face to combat the oil on and under my face. Seems legit, right? Surprisingly , it has been working quite well (knock on tea-tree wood). I smell kinda funny for a few minutes twice a day, but the bumps seem to be subsiding, or at the very least they've ceased replicating.

I've also felt like sh!t for the past few days, so I feel like maybe the return of the crimson tide is imminent. I've been free for a glorious 24 months, but all good things must eventually end. Little L is still nursing at night and in the mornings and at nap time, so if I get IT soon, I'll be surprised (even with these woeful symptoms).

The up side, however, is that if Aunt Flo does come a-callin,' then we can make some progress trying for #2. Not that we are decided on that yet. Not that I'm getting any younger either. But that's the silver lining I'm trying to suss out of an otherwise-unpleasant bloody situation.

Anyhow, now that I've covered this in sufficient detail to make you either woozy or nauseous, I'd just like to add that we know a lot of people who are having (or recently had) a third kidlet. Y'all are crazy!! It's tough enough with one. And despite what peeps may say about how if the first is hard the second will be easy, I just know that won't happen with us. It'll just be doubly-hard.

All these thoughts, just cuz my forehead decided to stage an uprising. Wackne indeed!

Comments

Sharon said…
hehe don't jinx yourself!
mazoola said…
Cute picture! U haven't had Aunt Flo all this time? I got it 4 months post partum! Boo! Just FYI expect it to be Heavy..as in gush gush gush for first 2-3 days. Totally different pre kids
Mrs. Loquacious said…
Great :( Pre-baby, my sisters would call me a murder victim once a month. You can probably guess why. So any worse than that, and I should probably have the blood bank get a few bags ready ;)

Popular Posts